Join the Nexus team as a Office Manager - Kelford School
Position: Office Manager
Salary: 37 hours Term Time Plus 5 Days, Band H NJC 24 to 27 (£31,099 to £33,820 pro rata)
Location: Kelford School -Oakdale Road, Kimberworth, S61 2NU
Contract type: Full-time Permanent
Closing date: Monday 25th September 2023 (noon)
Shortlisting: Wednesday 27th September 2023
Interview date: Monday 2nd October 2023
About our School
Kelford School is a highly successful and passionately child-centred special school for children and young people with Severe and Complex Learning Difficulties and associated Special Educational Needs. Kelford School serves 143 amazing children and young people from Early Years through to Post 16 who are very well-supported by a highly dedicated and hard-working team of professionals. Kelford School has exceptionally strong partnerships with other schools within Nexus Multi Academy Trust and across Rotherham.
At Kelford School, we believe in holistic support for children and families, with a focus on all aspects of a child’s life: their education, their health, and their social needs; we are looking for support staff who not only shares our values, but who actively pursue their delivery.
We are looking for an Office Manager to perform a variety of administrative duties including providing leadership support to our office team and managing our school’s general administrative activities. We would ideally like someone who can support the Site Manager and Headteacher to develop and ensure safety of the school buildings.
The post is 37 hours during term time, plus 5 days which you will be expected to work flexibly within the school holidays. Please note that your annual holiday entitlement must be taken during school holidays.
About the Trust
Nexus Multi Academy Trust was founded in 2016 and has the highest ambitions possible for everyone we work with. We are a forward thinking and innovative Trust with collaboration, enrichment and improvement enshrined within our day to day practice ensuring that leaners and their families are always at the centre of what we do.
The vision for Nexus is that we are constantly “Learning together, to be the best we can be.” This vision is what we aspire to and is as relatable to every employee and partner of our Trust as it is to our children, young adults and their families. Please see a copy of our most recent prospectus, which is included in the recruitment pack for this advert.
Aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, at Kelford School we:
- provide a culture that places the individual child at its heart
- are a “high energy” and rewarding place to work and our staff make daily positive impact upon our pupils
- are committed to professional development by learning with other like minded individuals on school specific areas and within the specifics of the dedicated role
- value the importance of working with families and outside agencies to ensure the best outcomes for our pupils
- place wellbeing at the centre of our work and we strive to ensure that children and adults learn in a safe, supported, nurturing environment, where they feel confident, worthy, enthusiastic and valued.
Applications are welcome from candidates in currently working in mainstream schools who can demonstrate knowledge of SEND, or from candidates currently working in a special school setting.
What you can expect
- An exciting opportunity to join a growing academy and be part of a fantastic team that serves 143 amazing children and young people
- Support to complete the role of office manager.
- An Induction package to help you settle in and know the ways in which the school works.
- CPD to enhance your professional knowledge and practice.
- Support from colleagues within the Nexus financial team.
- Encouragement to use your voice to help shape our school’s provision.
- An opportunity to join colleagues who will make you proud to be part of our state education system.
- Working within an award winning MAT who pride themselves on having friendly and supportive academies who together are helping to transform communities
For an informal and confidential conversation about the role, please contact Sarah Mulhall Headteacher via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information can be found on our school website email@example.com
Nexus Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level and a barred list check. Further information about the Disclosure and Barring Service and can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce.
For an application form to apply please email Sam Sayles, Human Resources Administrative Lead, firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed applications to be submitted to email@example.com
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Application PackJob Description Office Ma... Person Specification Offi... Application Form...
NJC 24 to 27 £27,749 - £30,177pro rata (£31,099 to £33,820 pro rata)
37 hours a week