Join the Nexus team as a Band E ‘level 3’ Teaching Assistant to Support Behaviour
Post title: Band E ‘level 3’ Teaching Assistant to support behaviour
Salary and grade: Scale Point 7-11 (£20,092-£21,748) pro rota (£16,433 - £17,787)MPS/UPS + 1 SEND Point
Hours: Permanent - 1 Full time Post & Another Part Time
Closing Date: Friday 11th February 2022
Interview Date: Wednesday 16th February 2022
Hilltop School is a well-established and passionately child-centred school that provides specialist education to pupils with severe learning difficulties and complex needs. We believe in holistic support for children and their families, with a focus on all aspects of a child’s life: their education, their health, and their social needs.
We are proud to now be looking to appoint two Teaching Assistants to join us at this exciting time, who not only shares these values but can ensure their delivery to make a difference to our children’s lives.
Two posts are available to lead and provide support with personalised programmes to support their engagement with learning and independence skills. This may include working with a student in school or off site, in the community with a colleague.
Hilltop are looking to appoint hardworking and committed colleagues. Applicants will need either a relevant NVQ qualification in supporting teaching and learning at level 3 or 2 years’ experience of supporting teaching and learning in a special school or care setting for post 16 students or older clients. Applicants would also need at least GCSE (Grade 4, C or above) or equivalent in Maths and English or be prepared to undertake this.
The successful candidate will be:
- Someone who can lead the work of others and motivate and support colleagues to ensure effective learning is taking place.
- A motivated, excellent teaching assistant who has a commitment to the learning and progress of children with special educational needs.
- An organised person who has excellent time management skills.
- A person who can work on their own initiative and also work well as part of a team.
- Someone with a good sense of humour, resilience and strong determination.
- Experienced in managing behaviours that challenge with knowledge of strategies and therapies that support engagement in learning.
About the Trust
Nexus Multi Academy Trust is an award-winning Trust, founded in 2016 with a large network of academies across South Yorkshire. The vision for Nexus is that we are constantly “Learning together, to be the best we can be.” This vision drives our commitment to making our Trust a great place to be, work, and learn.
We are forward thinking and innovative with collaboration, enrichment and improvement enshrined within our day to day practice. Please see a copy of our most recent prospectus on our website Nexus Multi Academy Trust | Special Schools Across Yorkshire (nexusmat.org)
What you can expect
- An exciting opportunity to join a school with strong partnerships to the academy schools’ network and other local schools and organisations including co-located provision at Maltby Redwood Academy
- A high priority to your own learning, including access to tailored CPD and coaching
- Leading employment benefits including access to Teachers pension scheme and employee assistance programmes
- Opportunities to grow your career and for professional development as we encourage collaboration between our academies
- An opportunity to join a team of dedicated and hard-working professionals who put our pupils at the centre of everything they do and are constantly striving to improve their knowledge, skills and practice
How to Apply
To apply please complete an application form which can be found on our vacancy page.
Completed application forms are to be returned via email or post to Amanda Bennett (Office Manager) on email@example.com or postal address: Hilltop School, Larch Road, Maltby, Rotherham S66 8AZ.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Visits to Hilltop School are warmly welcomed, or alternatively you may like an informal and confidential conversation about the role.
Please contact David Burdett on 01709 813386 or firstname.lastname@example.org Visits around the school are possible before school at 8am or after 3:30pm most days.
Nexus Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level and a barred list check.
Further information about the Disclosure and Barring Service and can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce.
Applications should be received by 9am Friday 11th February to email@example.com
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 16th or Thursday 17th February 2022
Application PackPerson Specification... Job Description... Application Form...
Scale Point 7-11 (£20,092-£21,748) pro rota (£16,433 - £17,787)