Join the Nexus team as a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (SEND)
Post title: Higher Level Teaching Assistant (SEND)
Salary and grade: Band F 12-17 £17,861 - £19,719pa
Closing Date: Friday 11th February 2022
Interview Date: Wednesday 16th February 2022
Hilltop school has an exciting opportunity for a Higher-Level Teaching Assistant to join their team!
We are a well-established and passionately child-centred school that provides specialist education to pupils with severe learning difficulties and complex needs. We cater for children and young people aged between 2-19 and are proud to serve our 133 students and families from EYFS through to Key Stage 5.
We are looking to appoint a qualified Higher-Level Teaching Assistant, for an exciting opportunity to work in supporting/leading a class.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to contribute to the planning, delivery, and evaluation of the learning process
- Be committed to personalised learning to meet our children and young peoples’ needs
- Ideally hold previous experience within the SEND sector and/or experience of working with children and young people with complex needs would be desirable, but not essential.
- Be nurturing, friendly and passionate about providing not only excellent learning opportunities but holistic support for children and their families with a focus on all aspects of a child’s life: their education, their health, and their social needs
- Experienced in managing behaviours that challenge with knowledge of strategies and therapies that support engagement in learning
About the Trust
Nexus Multi Academy Trust is an award-winning Trust, founded in 2016 with a large network of academies across South Yorkshire. The vision for Nexus is that we are constantly “Learning together, to be the best we can be.” This vision drives our commitment to making our Trust a great place to be, work, and learn.
We are forward thinking and innovative with collaboration, enrichment and improvement enshrined within our day to day practice. Please see a copy of our most recent prospectus on our website Nexus Multi Academy Trust | Special Schools Across Yorkshire (nexusmat.org)
What you can expect
- An exciting opportunity to join a school with strong partnerships to the academy schools’ network and other local schools and organisations
- A high priority to your own learning, including access to tailored CPD and coaching
- Leading employment benefits including access to Local Government pension scheme and employee assistance programmes
- Opportunities to grow your career and for professional development as we encourage collaboration between our academies
- An opportunity to join a team of dedicated and hard-working professionals who put our pupils at the centre of everything they do and are constantly striving to improve their knowledge, skills and practice
How to Apply
To apply please complete an application form which can be found on our vacancy page.
Completed application forms are to be returned via email or post to Amanda Bennett (Office Manager) on firstname.lastname@example.org or postal address: Hilltop School, Larch Road, Maltby, Rotherham S66 8AZ
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Visits to Hilltop School are warmly welcomed, or alternatively you may like an informal and confidential conversation about the role.
Please contact David Burdett on 01709 813386 or email@example.com Visits around the school are possible before school at 8am or after 3:30pm most days.
Nexus Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level and a barred list check. Further information about the Disclosure and Barring Service and can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce.
Application PackJob Profile... Application Form...
Band F 12-17 £17,861 - £19,719pa