Join the Nexus team as a Higher Level Teaching Assistant HLTA (with an interest in Food Technology)
Postholders will be required to be able to meet the Higher Level Teaching Assistant standards or have an equivalent qualification or experience.
NVQ level 3 or equivalent in English and Maths will be and additional, minimum requirement, together with training in relevant learning strategies, e.g. Literacy.
The following knowledge/skills will be required:
- Full working knowledge of relevant policies/codes of practice/legislation.
- Working knowledge of national curriculum and other relevant learning programmes.
- Understanding of principals of child development and learning processes and in particular, barriers to learning.
- Ability to plan effective actions for pupils at risk of underachieving.
- Understanding range of support services/providers.
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities.
- Ability to relate well to children and adults.
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these.
Additional FilesJob Advert... Job Description... Person Specification... Application Form...
Sheffield Grade 6 – Scale point 21 – 26 (£26,511 to £30,451 FTE)