Join the Nexus team as a Head of School
Closing date: Sunday 11 April 2021
Interview dates: 26th and 27th of April 2021
We are incredibly excited to be recruiting to this brand new Head of School role, which will work with our appointed and outstanding Executive Headteacher to plan, develop and prepare for the creation of a brand new special school within the South Yorkshire region.
It is anticipated that the pupil cohort will be aged 5 – 16 and have communication and interaction difficulties with additional social, emotional and mental health needs. Experience of working with children and young people working at national curriculum levels is important.
We are seeking an individual with strong child-centred values, resilience and a proven ability to lead with innovation, creativity and flexibility.
Applications would be welcome from candidates in primary or secondary mainstream schools who can demonstrate knowledge of special educational needs.
The successful person will have:
- Highly effective leadership skills and the ability to inspire and motivate other people;
- Experience of effectively leading and managing change and the ability to think strategically;
- A strong commitment to collaboration and partnership working;
- A deep understanding of how children and young people with additional needs learn and make good progress;
- High expectations and the ambition, drive and determination for every child and young person to be 'the best they can be';
- A strong commitment to working positively and pro-actively with parents, carers and a wide range of professionals and services; and
- Excellent management and organisational skills.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to contact the Executive Headteacher to discuss our planning and vision. For an informal conversation about the vacancy please contact Executive Headteacher Luci Windle on LWindle@NexusMAT.org
Please ensure that completed application forms are submitted to MSimpson@nexusmat.org
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
Nexus Multi Academy Trust School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Application PackJob Profile - Head of Sch... Nexus Application form... Advert - Head of School...
STPCD Leadership Points 18 - 22